You will be met at the Whitehorse airport and shuttled to your accommodation.
Note that if you’re flight is schedule to arrive after 9:30pm we won’t be able to pick you up but you’ll be able to enjoy a free shuttle from the hotel.
Check our FAQ to know what date day 0 corresponds to.
We meet you at your accommodation and drive north on the Klondike Highway towards Dawson City. We stop at different vista points along the way, like the one overlooking the Five Fingers Rapids and the Yukon River. We arrive in Dawson in the early evening. After dinner, we drive a few kilometers up to the Midnight Dome to try to see our first northern lights! If the show is taking some time to get started (or doesn’t start at all…) your guide will be happy to share his knowledge about stars and constellations while you wait..
After a total of 410 km for the day, we stop for the night in Eagle Plains, the only gas station/motel on the Yukon side of the Dempster Highway!
From Eagle Plains, we drive north for another 40km, until we reach the Arctic Circle. The Dempster Highway is the northernmost highway in Canada, and the only one to cross the Arctic Circle. We then push a little further and to climb a bit more on the western slopes of the Richardson Mountains to reach the border between the Northwest Territories and the Yukon. There, we really grasp the vastness and beauty of the arctic tundra! Tonight again, we sleep at Eagle plains.
We drive you to the airport for your return flight or you’re onto your next Yukon adventure.
- Meals as indicated in itinerary above
- Accommodations as indicated in itinerary above, based on double occupancy (+ $600 for single occupancy)
- Airport transfers
- Experienced bilingual guide
- Van transportation all along the trip
- Winter (-40°c) clothing rental: winter boots, snow pants, parka, mitts, toque
- Satellite communication device for emergencies
- Single occupancy supplement of $600
- Alcoholic beverages
- Domestic & International flights